Sunday, September 17, 2017

My mind comes up with the darnedest things....

So today I had a dream involving our characters. That's all well and good, right? It's even one of the highly detailed kind that makes for good story material. Even better!

Problem is, it's a story I'd never want to write, unless I made some heavy modifications.

It involved the characters (or at least Perry, Della, Paul, Andy, and maybe David; I'm not sure of the other person's identity) at a fancy dinner party hosted by a mad scientist. Also present were characters from the 1987 version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. Okay, that's a recipe for wackiness right there. But it gets worse.

Said mad scientist decides to apparently shrink Della. She's running around desperately trying to get someone's attention and finally makes contact with Andy. He can't believe this is real (who would?), and when he's finally convinced, he's so shocked and horrified that he faints. Yeah, I don't think so. Perry and Paul have to drag him to a couch and then deal with their own shock.

Most of the rest of the dream involved the characters trying to find the laboratory and reverse what happened. And in the middle of all this, the Ninja Turtles' arch-enemy Shredder shows up to fight them right at the party.

The dream is totally wacked-out, no question of that. And while I am certainly no stranger to weird Perry stories, I don't do shrinking stories. It's one trope I seriously dislike. So if I ever do decide to do something with it, it would have to be something like, the mad scientist kidnaps Della and has her locked in the lab while he sends out a miniature android to try to fool people into thinking he can shrink people in the hopes of forcing them to comply with his ultimatum (whatever that is). And even at that, it's seriously off-the-wall for any Perry story. So much so that I doubt I dare write it. I might instead modify it to be a Ninja Turtles story alone and have their friend April as the one kidnapped.

Unless, of course, some daring Perry fans would actually like to see this weirdness. Which I doubt!

6 comments:

  1. That could be pretty cool, if done well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Maybe the scientist could have them be kidnapped and sent to an alternate universe, which leads them to coming across the Turtles. Just a thought.

    I'm a big old TMNT fan. Loved the old cartoons. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only person who likes both Perry and Turtles!

      That could be interesting! Although truthfully, I already set up them existing in the same verse, as bizarre as that is. LOL. My character Vivalene, who caused such trouble in my Perry stories, surfaces to cause trouble for Baxter Stockman in my Turtles verse and her antics in Los Angeles are referenced. I have a huge series of Turtles stories that I've been working on over the past year. I'm finishing #72 now, LOL. Basic premise has Baxter finally turned human again and free of the fly taking over his mind, and he allies with the Turtles.

      Delete
  3. Cool.

    I see. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're curious about the Turtles verse, this is the site I have for it: https://sites.google.com/site/exittheflytmnt1987/

      I'll ponder on whether I want to do an actual crossover with Perry. :)

      Delete